Terms and Conditions
1. Cooking Lisbon Activities: the bought of Cooking Lisbon activities ensure to our clients what is indicated on the online page of each activity. The concept is based on Portuguese traditional gastronomy and conventual sweets. In case of vegetarians or vegans Cooking Lisbon can provide a different dish, however will not be Portuguese traditional gastronomy. Any extra is not included and it will be the client’s responsibility.
2. Booking: the bookings will only be valid if done 24 hours before the activity. Bookings can be made by email, through the booking form in the website www.cookinglisbon.com or by phone through the numbers (+351) 916 047 883. Bookings will be confirmed by Cooking Lisbon taking into account its availability.
3. Minimum number of participants: the minimum number of participants in the activities is indicated on the online page of each activity. Activities can take place with a lower number of participants since the minimum number of participants is paid.
a) Cooking Lisbon does not accept bookings for meals on days and hours of its activities. No discounts are offered for guests that are interested in just to see an activity. We have a limit of seats for every class.
b) Tour guides and/or drivers are not allowed on the regular classes due to the maximum number of persons on each class. The maximum number of people is mentioned on the webpage and on the product sheets.
c) Tour guides will be accepted on corporate groups or private groups following agreement with the Travel Agency, DMC, Tour Operator. Accepted on a ratio of 1 tour guide per 25 pax. For groups with 50 persons we accept 2 guides maximum. A higher number of tour guides will be invoice to the company.
5. Private Classes and Private Groups: Cooking Lisbon may request a reservation fee (private groups for dinners, bachelorette parties, birthday parties) or that the total amount (private classes) is paid till 1 week before the activity. Cooking Lisbon has the right to refuse access to persons registered for a culinary activity if they are initially conspicuously alcoholic or create disturbances during the activity. The damage of the installations or material used implies its payment.
6. Groups Dimension & Methodology:
a) For groups till 35 people, we will make a 3-course menu, seated at the tables.
b) Groups with more than 36 people, Cooking Lisbon organizes an 8-course finger food menu, not seated.
7. Age: Children till 17 years old (included) must be accompanied by one adult participating also on a Cooking Lisbon activity. Will not be served alcohol. Cooking Lisbon will provide water and/or juices in such cases. Free for children up to 4 years old. 50% off for children between 5 and 10 years old (except on pastry class) with a minimum 2 adults.
8. Payment: Payment is made in Euros.
9. Cancellations: All cancellations must be notified by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. The below cancelation policy is related to the total amount of the booking (nr. of persons * price):
a) Cancellations less than 24 hours prior to the date of the event or no-shows: non-refundable.
b) Cancellations more than 25 hours days prior to the event: fully refundable.
Private classes and groups:
a) Cancellations with or more than 31 days: a cancelation fee of 20% of the total value is applied.
b) Cancelations less than 30 days hours prior to the date of the event or no-shows: non-refundable.
We want that the classes start on time and we prepare everything for it. We wait 15 minutes maximum after the starting hour due to delays of participants. After 15 minutes waiting, we will start the class with the current participants. 45 minutes after the starting hour, we can refuse the access to the class without refund.
10. Changes to the activities: In case Cooking Lisbon needs to make changes to a confirmed booking for reasons unrelated to the company or of major force, those changes will be immediately communicated to the client. In case of a change to a confirmed booking, the client can choose a new date, if that is convenient, or cancel the reservation. Cancellation of confirmed bookings under these conditions does not give place to penalty.
11. Pandemia related situations: Due to the pandemic situation worldwide we believe that you may have doubts or concerns related to traveling. We are flexible as possible to understand that all this situation is out of your and our control, since there are flights, hotels, travel agents, governments restrictions. For all new bookings after 1st May 2020 we have an added on guarantee:
a) In case of cancellation needed, we will automatically include an 18 months extension, starting count from the date of the booking. This means that we will send you a voucher that you will be redeem till 18 months after the date of the booking.
b) Postpone date, NO administrative fee is apply.
c) NO administrative fee applied on cancellations, we issue the voucher which you can use on the following 18 months, offer to another person or change the person that will use it.
d) For cancellations or postponement of dates, should consider email contact using the following address email@example.com .
12. Liability: The liability regime complies with the general principles of law. Luggage is the responsibility of the client, who must ensure their safety.
13. Data protection: The client’s personal information will be used for the purpose of the activity booking. Cooking Lisbon shall only use client’s personal data for commercial communications when authorized by the client in accordance with current legislation on personal data. Pictures or Multimedia films made by participants, should be for private use only, without any commercial goals. Any picture or multimedia films made by participants for commercial proposes, should have a written consent of Cooking Lisbon and participants.
a) Cooking Lisbon is a third party of the FareHarbor platform in scope of the store of information provided during the booking process. We request your/the group name, surname, phone contact, email, country, health restrictions or religious restrictions for the booking process. In each booking we ask the number of persons, day, month of the culinary activity selected by you.
b) You have the right to request the information we save through FareHarbor and also the right to request that we delete the information after the activity. You can request both using our general and only email at Cooking Lisbon.
c) We use PayPal for payments process. It has the option to make the requested payment online using a Paypal account or a credit card (Visa or MasterCard). We do not have access to the information you provide to Paypal, Visa or MasterCard or any entity that works with them.
Cooking Lisbon closes on the following days: December (days : 24, 25, 31), January (Day: 1).
Follow and Review